Situated just over 6 kilometres off the Dubai coast will be the Heart of Europe development, incorporating six offshore islands which will focus on European countries Switzerland, Germany, main Europe, St Petersburg and Monaco. Take a look at our top 10 facts surrounding the development.
- Developer Kleindienst Group are behind the project, alongside Chinese firm’s JK Bauen, Wuchang Ship Building Industry Group and Sino Great Wall International Engineering, who will work in collaboration to develop the Heart of Europe designs.
- 14 hotel resorts and 2,000 villas have also been embedded, becoming a world-class tourist and destination area.
- The Dh4.8 billion project will have distinct areas of residential accommodation, in addition to luxurious tourist accommodation, such as 130 floating seahorse villas, with bedrooms submerged underwater, providing spectacular views
- Resort facilities will be located on the St Petersburg Island, with cultural events from the city embedded within the designs
- Sweden Island will be home to several palaces and will become the first island that has ever been climate controlled, with snow falling when the temperatures reach 27 degrees, in addition to controlling wind speed and overall temperature.
- The islands will feature tropical gardens, pools, lagoons and health and fitness facilities. Water activities will also be incorporated, in addition to the beach area.
Read the December 2016 issue of Construction Global magazine